Answers to UNIX PC Commonly Asked Questions

Paul Homchick paul at cgh.UUCP
Mon Jan 9 01:29:04 AEST 1989

In article <2938 at datapg.MN.ORG> sewilco at DataPg.MN.ORG (Scot E Wilcoxon) writes:
>11. Some AT&T serial boards do not work right.  How are they identified?
>
>The EIA boards (or EIA/RAM) in question are anything RELEASE F or higher.

Does anyone know what symptoms are displayed by these boards that "do not work
right?"  I've been having some terrible problems with flow control on one
of my ports and have just about given up getting my NEC LC-890 to work with
it.  It never works at 9600 baud, and only works sometimes at 4800 baud.
The symptoms are buffer overflow on the NEC, the 3B1 just keeps on sending,
but SOMETIMES it works!  Really tough to debug.  (3.51 kernel, STARLAN card,
EIA/Combo card).
--
Paul Homchick              UUCP:  {allegra | rutgers | uunet} !cbmvax!cgh!paul
Chimitt Gilman Homchick; 259 Radnor-Chester Road, Suite 140; Radnor, PA  19087