Modem woes (3b1, AT&T 2224)

Phil Paone paone at aramis.rutgers.edu
Mon Jan 9 22:52:29 AEST 1989

I am currently using one without trouble.  I am connected up to a
serial port on an EIA/RAM Combo board.  It works both through the call
screen and through cu.  I have it set for the AT&T command set.

I have seen something similar to what you describe happan on a 3B2
though.  It that case the cu sets the outgoing line to 2400 and gets a
1200 baud answer.  THe modem falls back to 1200, but the line is still
set at 2400, so you get garbage.

In you case, since the modem is falling back to 1200 on a 2400
connect, I think it has to be hardware, most likely the modem itself.
--
Phil Paone
attmail!ppaone
paone at topaz.rutgers.edu