wavy display on a 3B1.

Gil Kloepfer Jr. gil at limbic.UUCP
Thu Jan 19 14:06:35 AEST 1989

In article <169 at cjsa.WA.COM> jeff at cjsa.WA.COM (Jeffery Small) writes:
>I have three 3B1 machines which were recently relocated to a new site.  On two
>of these machines, I am now experiencing "screen wave" - a distortion in the
>display which looks like a wave running across the screen.  The frequency
>which I observe this condition has been increasing and now I experience this
>every few minutes typically.

This can happen if the back of the two displays are too close to one
another, or if another monitor or electromagnetic-based device is close
to the display.  Try moving the units a little further away from each
other, or away from a potiential source of electromagnetism (like a TV
set or the like).

I've seen the same phenomena on a VAXstation monitor when a VT220 terminal
is on and next to the monitor.

------
Gil Kloepfer, Jr.          U-Net: {decuac,boulder,talcott,sbcs}!icus!limbic!gil
ICUS Software Systems      Voice: (516) 968-6860 [H]   (516) 746-2350 x219 [W]
P.O. Box 1                 Internet:  gil at icus.islp.ny.us
Islip Terrace, NY  11752   "Life's a ...  well, you know..."