AT&T 630 "dmd" software on 6386E PC under UNIX SysV/3.2

maurice.r.baker mrb1 at cbnewsh.ATT.COM
Sun Jul 30 00:16:13 AEST 1989

Hello ---

Does anyone know where I can get the "dmd" software for the 630 +/or 5620
terminals in a suitable form (i.e....ready-to-run) for an AT&T 6386E
running UNIX SysV/3.2 ?  Is it part of another package ?   Or available
in ID (Installable Drivers) form from disk ?

I can get the source from another system (3B2 flavor) and re-make it, but
would prefer not to reinvent the wheel.  Which lead to a second question:

	Can I read a cartridge tape written on a 3B2/600 with my 6386's
	streaming tape unit (official AT&T issue) known as /dev/rmt/c0s0 ?
	Any suggestions on smoothing the way here ?  'cpio' seems like a
	likely candidate.

Thanks for any help.  Replies via e-mail to:   att!hoqub!mrb
or I will watch the netnews for reply postings.

M. Baker
AT&T BL-Holmdel
201-949-7823