Conductive Dust Bunnies

julian macassey julian at bongo.UUCP
Sun Jun 18 05:42:58 AEST 1989

In article <19559 at cup.portal.com>, mmm at cup.portal.com (Mark Robert Thorson) writes:

> BTW, conductive dust was an early objection to the introduction of widespread
> use of graphite-reinforced plastics.
>
> When I first heard this, it gave me a great idea for "nuking" a computer
> center.  Get a bunch of graphite fiber, chop it up, and dump it into the
> air conditioner intake for the building housing the computer center.
>
> Of course, I never did it.  And you shouldn't either.   ;-)

    The average office environment is filled with conductive dust. This dust
can be purchased at many stationary stores, to buy it just ask for
photocopier toner (laser printer toner works too). This dust is mostly
carbon, often with some paraffin wax.

    Many office PBX's and computers have had "weird" problems when in the
same room with "The other machines", this usually means a monster
photocopier. If you want to know how much toner they throw into the
atmosphere, look at the walls and carpet or your photocopier room. Black
lung disease an occupational health problem in the reprographics dept?

Yours.
--
Julian Macassey, n6are  julian at bongo    ucla-an!denwa!bongo!julian
n6are at wb6ymh (Packet Radio) n6are.ampr.org [44.16.0.81] voice (213) 653-4495