UNIXpc nroff driver tables [REPOST]

Mark H. Colburn mark at jhereg.Jhereg.MN.ORG
Tue Mar 21 00:56:46 AEST 1989

In article <130 at gnosys.UUCP> gst at gnosys.UUCP (Gary S. Trujillo) writes:
>I have been trying to follow the instructions in NTERM(5) of the 3.51
>Users' Manual (Volume 1) to construct a driver table to let me get at
>special characters on my NEC P2200 printer.  The problem is that these
>characters commonly require output of a character whose magnitude is
>greater than those defined in the standard ASCII character set.  In
>other words, the high (parity) bit is set.  For example, I would like
>to be able to say something like:
>
>	*a 1 \340

The key is to add a % before 8 bit values.  I found this out by digging
through the source code for ditroff.  It was not in the manual anywhere,
*sigh*.

I got this far on the P2200 driver before I gave up.  I has a previous
version which did a lot more, but lost it in a disk crash and had no
back up.  It does most of the stuff that I want it to do, since I don't
use the special characters that much.

If someone would like to polish it up, I would love to see a
copy back...

p2200
bset        0
breset      0
Hor         24
Vert        20
Newline     40
Char        24
Em          24
Halfline    20
Adj         24
twinit      "\033@\033%\000"
twrest      "\033@"
twnl        "\n"
hlr         "\0338"
hlf         "\0339"
flr         "\0337"
bdon        "\033E\033G"
bdoff       "\033F\033H"
iton        "\0334"
itoff       "\0335"
ploton      ""
plotoff     ""
up          ""
down        ""
right       ""
left        ""

charset
em 1 -
hy 1 -
\- 1 -
bu 1 %\371
sq 2 []
bx 1 %\376
ru 1 _
14 1 %\254
12 1 %\253
34 3 3/4
fi 2 fi
fl 2 fl
ff 2 ff
Fi 3 ffi
Fl 3 ffl
de 1 %\370
dg 1 |\b-
fm 1 '
ct 1 c\b/
rg 3 \033S(r)\033T
co 3 \033S(c)\033T
tm 2 \033STM\033T
pl 1 +
mi 1 -
eq 1 =
** 1 *
sc 1 \033R]\033r
aa 1 '
ga 1 `
ul 1 _
sl 1 /
*a 1 %\340
*b 1 %\341
*g 1 y\b/
*d 1 %\353
*e 1 %\356
*z 1 ,\bL
*y 1 %\374
*h 1 -\b0
*i 1 ,\bi
*k 1 k
*l 1 \\\b>
*m 1 %\346
*n 1 ,\bv
*c 1 ,\b3
*o 1 o
*p 1 %\343
*r 1 p
*s 1 %\345
*t 1 %\347
*u 1 u
*f 1 %\355
*x 1 x
*q 1 |\bu\b,
*w 1 w
*A 1 A
*B 1 B
*G 1 %\342
*D 2 _\b/_\b\\
*E 1 E
*Z 1 Z
*Y 1 H
*H 1 %\351
*I 1 I
*K 1 K
*L 2 /\\
*M 1 M
*N 1 N
*C 1 _\b-\b\0338-\0339
*O 1 O
*P 2 ||\b\b\0337__\0339\0339
*R 1 P
*S 1 %\344
*T 1 T
*U 1 Y
*F 1 %\350
*X 1 X
*Q 1 |\bU\b,
*W 1 %\352
ts 1 s
sr 2 \\/
rn 1 \0337_\0339\0339
>= 1 %\362
<= 1 %\363
== 1 %\360
~= 1 %\367
ap 1 ~
!= 1 =\b/
-> 2 ->
<- 2 <-
ua 1 |\b^
da 1 |\bv
mu 1 x
di 1 %\366
+- 1 %\361
cu 1 U
ca 1 %\357
sb 2 (\0338-\0339\b_
sp 2 _\0338\b-\0339)
ib 2 (\0338-\b\0339\0339=\0338
ip 2 \0338-\b\0339\0339=\0338)
if 1 %\354
pd 1 6
gr 1 V\b\0338-\0339
no 1 -
is 1 '\b,\bI
pt 2 oc
es 1 /\bO
mo 1 -\bC
br 1 |\b\0338|\0339
dd 1 |\b=
rh 2 =>
lh 2 <=
or 1 |
ci 1 O
lt 1 (\b\0339|\0338
lb 1 (\b\0338|\0339
rt 1 )\b\0339|\0338
rb 1 )\b\0338|\0339
lk 1 |\b\0338|\0339
rk 1 |\b\0338|\0339
bv 1 |\b\0338|\0339
lf 1 \0339|\0337\b|\0339\b|
rf 1 \0339|\0337\b|\0339\b|
lc 1 \0338|\0339\b|
rc 1 \0338|\0339\b|
ag 1 %\217
>~ 1 >\b\0339~\0338
<~ 1 <\b\0339~\0338
b* 1 |\bX\b-
an 1 /\b_
ra 2 |_
tf 3 .\0338.\0339.
3d 1 :\b\0338.\0339
-~ 1 -\b~
os 1 v
as 1 ^
=D 2 ==\b\b\0338/\\\0339
oA 1 V\b-
oE 1 E\b/
|| 2 ||
hb 1 h\b-
pp 1 |\b_
sL 1 /\b(
<> 3 <->
df 3 <=>
ic 1 C\b_
c+ 1 O\b+
cx 1 O\bX
=. 1 =\b\0338.\0339
nm 1 C\b-\b/
ll 1 <
rl 1 >

--
Mark H. Colburn                  "Look into a child's eye;
Minnetech Consulting, Inc.        there's no hate and there's no lie;