diff on sysv

Thomas J. Pusateri pusateri at romeo.cs.duke.edu
Thu May 11 23:28:45 AEST 1989

I am trying to bring up RCS (the Revision Control System from Purdue) on
a unix-pc and realize that the diff -n option that RCS requires is not
standard on system V machines. I then tried to bring up GNU diff but it
depends on the directory(3) library of subroutines (opendir,closedir,etc)
that is strictly BSD. I looked at the Public Domain versions of diff on
simtel20 but they do not include the -n option either. Has anyone writtten
a version of diff that includes the -n option but will compile under sys V R2?
Or has anyone provided the directory(3) BSD routines for sysv so that I
can use GNU diff? RCS is a wonderful tool that I would prefer not to do
without.

Thanks,

Tom Pusateri
National Biomedical Simulation Resource