Trouble Installing an 8087-2 In My AT&T PC-6300

M.LISS marv at homxc.ATT.COM
Sun May 7 05:08:43 AEST 1989

I am having trouble installing an 8087-2 Math Co-Processor
in my AT&T PC-6300.  I installed it in the only available
like-sized socket on the motherboard and set Switch 5 to Off
(0) on DIPSWITCH-0.  But after doing so however, strange
things happen.  Depending on whether I have the switch set
to "0" or "1", boot from the HD or a Floppy, I get error
messages like "Replace Disk and strike any key to continue",
i8087 Fails, or booting stops dead in its' tracks.  When I
remove the 8087, everything's fine.

Should I be doing something else, like add a line to my
CONFIG.SYS?  I'd appreciate e-mailed (constructive)

Thanks,

Marv