3B1 battery

James E. Prior jep at oink.UUCP
Fri May 19 00:10:05 AEST 1989

In article <89137.135604UH2 at PSUVM> UH2 at PSUVM.BITNET (Lee Sailer) writes:
>Is there a battery for the clock in the 3B1, and if so, where is it?

Yup, it is soldered on the motherboard, about 2 or 3 inches from the left and
about half a foot from the front.  Don't flame me on the dimensions, I doing
this from memory.  Most of the batteries I've seen are lithium coin cells.
I've also seen some cylindrical lithium batteries.  There is a jumper close
to the battery that should be disconnected during long periods of storage,
but it's so damn awkward to open the machine and close it back up, that no
one (not even AT&T) does it.
--
Jim Prior    jep at oink    osu-cis!n8emr!oink!jep    N8KSM