Info-3b2 Digest, Number 80

Ken Davis kdavis at lamc.UUCP
Fri May 5 23:16:44 AEST 1989

                           Info-3b2 Digest, Number 80

                              Friday, May 5th 1989

Today's Topics:

                     Re: Seeking info on disk drive upgrade

Subject: Re: Seeking info on disk drive upgrade
From: info-3b2 at netsys.COM
Date: Thu, 04 May 89 09:01:23 -0400

I am an application engineer at an AT&T VAR.  It is possible to add a SCSI
Host Adapter to your '400 and still keep your ST506 drives.  You will not
be able to boot from the SCSI based peripherals.  The AT&T SCSI Host Adapter
comes with its drivers and drivers for SCSI-to-ESDI bridge controllers sold
by AT&T.  I assume that Reality sends any drivers or config utilities with
its product, or their embedded SCSI drives are compatible with AT&T's.
You might also want to consider upgrading your Unix to the latest Rel (3.2)
for your '400 before installing the SCSI host adapter.  I haven't tried
to use a SCSI host adapter with the older Rel. 2 or 2.0.5 and cannot give
you any info on that combo.
Good Luck,
Scott Parrish  +1 916 635 9300   ..ames!pacbell!sactoh0!pacengr!smp
Pacific Access Computers, an AT&T, Unisys and Stratus VAR
2945 Kilgore Road, Rancho Cordova, CA  95670

To join this group or have your thoughts in the next issue, please
send electronic mail to Ken Davis at the following address;

    {apple, netsys, pacbell, pyramid}!lamc!info-3b2-digest

The views expressed in Info-3b2 Digest are those of the
individual authors only.