Miniscribe 3065 for 7300

Jim Sanchez jim at syteke.UUCP
Sun May 14 19:54:18 AEST 1989

Since I need to upgrade my 7300 from 40 Mb disk to something larger, I
noticed that the Miniscribe 3065 (number may be 3085) has impressive
specs in the advertisments.  It's access time is listed as 17 ms and
even if this is optomistic, it is still pretty fast for the price.
Does anyone know if I can use this as a 67 Mb disk(8 heads 1024 cyl)
without any problems?  It is a half-height unit which would allow me
to get another one when the disk mods become available.  Any/all
information will be appreciated.
Thanks
--
Jim Sanchez  {sun,hplabs}!sun!sytek!syteke!jim OR
Hughes LAN Systems, Brussels  mcvax!prlb2!sunbim!syteke!jim