Help needed with RFS on tcp/ip

t blakely tfb at unf7.UUCP
Sun May 7 10:34:01 AEST 1989

Has anyone out there been able to get RFS to run under tcp/ip (no starlan)
on an ethernet of 3b2s?  I'm having trouble getting the network listener
to start on a 3b2/310 that's not the primary name server (it starts okay on
a 3b2/500 that _is_ tehe primary name server).  I've tried the following:

	copies rfmaster file from 3b2/500 (gives "bad address format
		in log file after 'nlsadmin -s tcp')
	'nlsadmin -s tcp' without rfmaster (gives "bad address conversion"
		in log file)
	stop listener on 3b2/500, make 3b2/310 primary name server in
		rfmaster (gives "bad address format")

Addresses in rfmaster are output of rfaddr, and are correct according
to the documentation in tcp/ip doc (such as it is) on RFS.  RFS doc
differs for primary name server and others ("hosts") by not mentioning
rfmaster creation except for primary name server.  All other tcp/ip
functions work (version 2.1), same version of RFS, NSU, 10BASE5.  3B2/500
running V.3.1.1 and 3b2/310 running V.3.2 but showed same behavior with
V.3.0

Any help appreciated, this one's got me stuck.  If you want more details,
or exact contents of log file, let me know via email.  Thanks!

Tom Blakely
gatech!uflorida!unf7!tfb