386 console & color

Bill Mayhew wtm at neoucom.UUCP
Tue May 9 12:13:33 AEST 1989

I believe that ansi escape code processing is built into the
console driver.  Try sending:  \033[44;37;1m
That should give you bright white on a blue background.   Send the
string, then do a clear to paint the attribute over the whole
screen.  I am reasonably sure this works on the console driver on
the 6386.  I tried it on the Xenix system sitting next to me and it
works.  Of course, the \033 is the meta representation for the
escape character.

For fun, here are the ansi set graphic rendition codes.  The
generic form of the command is:  \033[nn;mm;...;ppm
You may include as many modifiers as you'd like.  A lower case m
terminates the escape sequence.

0		All attributes off
1		Bold on
3		Swap foreground and background