3.51c about to be released?

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Mon May 8 13:43:38 AEST 1989

In article <3051 at hound.UUCP> smikes at hound.UUCP (S.MIKES) writes:
|>In article <231 at syteke.UUCP>, jim at syteke.UUCP (Jim Sanchez) writes:
|>> Even better, how do you get 3.51a!  Who do you have to call and what kind of
|>> story do you have to tell them?
|>
|>For your information, we at AT&T are using release 3.5.6D. As far as I know
|>this is not generally available to anyone outside the company; however you
|>might try contacting Convergent Tech. to obtain the  closest VAR rep to your
|>location and they may be able to tell you more.

Convergent Technologies doesn't support these machines any more than AT&T
does... In fact I doubt they could help you at all.  They would tell you to
call AT&T.  I would tell you to call AT&T!   Call 800-922-0354, and tell
the person that you want the UNIX PC Fixdisks which are available FREE OF
CHARGE to any registered 3B1/UNIX pc/7300 user.  That will give you the 3.51a
kernel!

3.5.6D looks like a very old release of the 3.5 kernel.  If that's what it
is, and you're running it at AT&T, you're behind the times :-)  It sounds like
that is pretty useless to those running 3.51.

-Lenny
--
Lenny Tropiano             ICUS Software Systems         [w] +1 (516) 582-5525
lenny at icus.islp.ny.us      Telex; 154232428 ICUS         [h] +1 (516) 968-8576