$_

James E. Prior jep at oink.UUCP
Wed May 10 00:15:49 AEST 1989

In article <1083 at adds.newyork.NCR.COM> tanya at adds.newyork.NCR.COM (Tanya Katz) writes:
>Last weekend must have been damage the pc weekend, because I too created
>havoc by disconnecting the keyboard.  I was just supposed to be for
>a second, the phone rang just as I did this and sent my computer
>into never-never land.  Had to reboot! Ugh!

I've had this happen accidentally.  I can usually recover by plugging the
keyboard back in and pushing many buttons until the computer and keyboard
are back in sync.  Even when you can recover, this can make a mess in an
editor.  Don't intentionally unplug your keyboard, but if it does happen,
you might want to try my crazy method.  I make no claims as to the suit-
ability of this method for your use.  i.e. Do this at your own risk.  It
has worked for me, but might not work for you.  In general, devices of this
type shouldn't be connected or disconnected while the power is on.
--
Jim Prior    jep at oink    osu-cis!n8emr!oink!jep    N8KSM