Reattach inode to lost&found / what file is it?

Alex Crain alex at wolf.umbc.edu
Sat May 20 02:29:23 AEST 1989

In article <1099 at adds.newyork.NCR.COM>, tanya at adds.newyork.NCR.COM (Tanya Katz) writes:

> But if it's an object file, I usually search the string
> table (if it has one) or the symbol table, to try to
> figure out what it is...
>
> Isn't there a more sophistocated method to identify
> an object?

	Try "what <filename>".

	In my experiance, however, binarys (or anything else) that go to
lost+found usually have some trash in them, so their probably no good. Most
of the files that I find in lost+found are intermediate files from the
compiler, representing changes in the inode table that never got flushed to
disk.

					:alex
Alex Crain
Systems Programmer			alex at umbc3.umbc.edu
Univ Md Baltimore County		umbc3.umbc.edu!nerwin!alex