uucico hangs on the AT&T 6386

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.chi.il.us
Tue May 2 13:34:36 AEST 1989

In article <834 at nebulus.UUCP> root at nebulus.UUCP (Dennis S. Breckenridge) writes:

>Wrong!
> The CTC Gemini-10 has a driver developed by CTC Systems and the AT&T IPC-802
> has a driver written by AT&T Bell Labs. You can check the driver version by
> doing a displaypkg. AT&T 2.1 is the current release for IPC-802 and what
> second of the year mod10 is the current CTC Systems Driver. Sooner or later
> someone will get right.

How about the driver for the serial port on the motherboard?   If flow
control is enabled, receiving an xoff from the remote will make the
attached process unkillable even by root doing a kill -9.  If I didn't
know better I might think this stuff was written by a company that
*wanted* people to lock up their machines forever on long distance
calls.

Les Mikesell