Single User

Peter J Diaz de Leon peter at csd4.milw.wisc.edu
Sat May 13 08:21:58 AEST 1989

I am doing some consulting at a local hospital doing some data base
stuff on a 3B1.  I need to change how some stuff on the 3B1 is
configured.  However I need to be root.  The person who is root
on the machine is out of town for the next 3 weeks.  Hown can I
bring the 3B1 into single user mode when I am not root?

In case you are worried that I do not know what I am doing
I am an Asst. System Admin. here for out comp sci department.
Any help would be appreciated.

				Thanks in advance
				     Peter

ARPA: peter at csd4.milw.wisc.edu       USMAIL: Peter J. Diaz de Leon
      peter at uwm-cs.milw.wisc.edu             7411 W. Warnimont Ave.
					     Milwaukee, WI. 53220
UUCP: {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}uwvax!uwmcsd1!uwm-evax!peter