19200 for 3b1's cu

Trent MacDougall trent at cs.dal.ca
Fri May 12 02:16:39 AEST 1989

I noticed awhile back that some people wanted to use cu at 19200.  Well
I too wanted it for my TB+.  I hoped some kind soul would figure it out
and post how to do it, well no one did (or I missed it), so I thought I would
give it a try.  I first did it with a binary editor because I did not
know how to use adb,  but after working with the binary editor, I thought
"this is too easy, a real UNIX nut would use adb", so I learned enough
to get the job done.  Enjoy!

PS: I hope someone can help me out with the 134 baud problem mentioned below.

#________________________C-U-T---H-E-R-E_____________________________
:
#
# cuconv: convert 3b1 cu to allow 19200 connections
#
# P. Trent MacDougall | trent at tmpor.UUCP
#
# This is done by changing the 600 baud entry to 19200.
# I could have converted the 4800 baud entry, but I felt
# there is less use for 600 baud.  There is a 134 baud entry, but I
# can't figure out how to convert that one; everything I try
# comes back as illegal baud-rate.  If any of you machine code
# gurus can help me, I would appreciate it.
#
# I have only tested this on an original 3.51 distribution cu.
#
# I don't know adb very well, but I learned enough to do
# this...so here goes...

mv /usr/bin/cu /usr/bin/cu.ORIG
cp /usr/bin/cu.ORIG /usr/bin/cu
adb -w /usr/bin/cu <<ADB_END
80000?x
?l0258
?w4b00
?l0008
?w000e
ADB_END
exit $?
--
//_//_//_//_//  Trent MacDougall @ Dalhousie University, CS Dept.
\\_\\_\\_\\_\\  UUCP               {uunet watmath}!dalcs!trent
// // // // //  INTERNET           trent at cs.dal.ca