PC-NFS on 6300+?

David Maynard dpm at k.gp.cs.cmu.edu
Tue May 2 00:05:23 AEST 1989

Has anyone had any experience running PC-NFS on a 6300+ under MS-DOS 3.1?  I
plan to connect up to a Sun-2 using either SLIP or Ethernet.  Are there any
particular ether cards I should avoid?  Right now my first choice is the
NI5010 (because I can find them cheaply).

Now all I have to do is convince my landlord that a LAN is a useful
improvement.

Thanks,
David
 ---
 David P. Maynard (dpm at cs.cmu.edu)
 Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering
 Carnegie Mellon University
 Pittsburgh, PA  15213
 ---
 Any opinions expressed are mine only.  I haven't asked the ECE department
 or CMU what they think.
 ---