How cheeply can I add second hard drive to my 3B2

Dennis Erwin Thurlow det at nsscb.UUCP
Thu May 4 08:54:06 AEST 1989

In article <230 at alix.UUCP> jdc at alix.UUCP (James D. Corder) writes:
>	What is our cheapest way to go?

See below.

>	I herd one can hang a second drive off the back port of the 3B2
>without adding a Xm box, is this possible?

An additional ST506 can be added without additional hardware/software.
If that isn't big enough, the XDC box is cheaper than a SCSI board.
Call the people below to see what drives work with it.

>What about SCSI?  Where do I get the SCSI card?  Are there different
>types? What software will I need?  What about the hard drive? What is the cost?

East Coast Computer Systems is an offical AT&T VAR. They sell both the
73263 and 73282 SCSI cards. I think you need the former. It includes
the SCSI connect kit. They also sell LARGE SCSI drives. Ask if others
will work. They are at 1-800-ECCS-INC.

>I have an AT&T service contract on this machine.  Will any of this
>void our contract?

No. But if you have a problem that we determine is not our equipement
we stop working on it unless you wanna pay. If you buy it from the people
above, or any other authorized VAR they handle support for you (our
techs though).
-nsscb!det