PC6300 port on keyboard

Phil Nelson pnelson at antares.UUCP
Sat May 20 17:45:41 AEST 1989

In article <9721 at dasys1.UUCP> eck at dasys1.UUCP (Mark Eckenwiler) writes:
>As the new owner of a used AT&T PC6300 (sans documents), I'm curious
>as to the function of the DB-9 port on the right rear side of the
>keyboard.  Is this for a mouse, or what?
>
>Advice would be much appreciated.

(probably I shouldn't post this, but the return path bounced, and I'm too
lazy tonight to try and figure it out. Sorry.)

 Yes indeed, but if you really want to use a mouse, I suggest you ignore it
and buy the Microsoft mouse. I have the AT&T keyboard mouse (made by Logitech)
on my 6300+, it is possible to use it with many programs, but some (QuickBASIC
4.5, for example) do not support it.

 I have been able to use the keyboard mouse with Windows 1.03 (haven't tried
recent versions, watch out) and QuickBASIC 3.0 and 4.0.

 Just my opinion...

--
Phil Nelson at (but not speaking for)                  OnTyme:NSC.P/Nelson
Tymnet, McDonnell Douglas Network Systems Company       Voice:408-922-7508