UNIXPC Answering machine problem

Scott A Doyle sdoyle at eniac.seas.upenn.edu
Fri May 12 00:06:38 AEST 1989

  I have a UNIXPC with a rev. 2.2 Voice Power board in it and am
  using Answering Machine software. Every now and then when the machine
  takes a message the message length is truncated. I have the message
  length set to 90 seconds but it will cut off and hang up the phone after
  5 to 25 seconds. The problem seems to happen randomly. Most of the time
  the messages are recorded with no problem but about 15% of the time
  my messages are truncated. Has anyone else had or heard of a similar
  problem ? If so what is the fix?

    Scott Doyle
    U. of P.