STARLAN on AT&T 3B2/400 and 386

Dennis S. Breckenridge root at nebulus
Wed Nov 22 00:41:18 AEST 1989

root at mccc.uucp (Pete Holsberg) writes:

>Is there a need to change the software on the 3B2s?

No not at all!

>What software do I need for the 386, assuming that I obtain the AT&T
>386/STARLAN card or equivalent?

I recomend that you upgrade your system to Unix 3.2.1 before loading the
Starlan. Thats 2 upgrades from 3.1. One is the 3.2.0 base system and Utilities
and the other comes as a three disk set to upgrade to 3.2.1. AT&T used to
offer a deal for the 3.1 to 3.2 upgrade but I don't think it's available
any more. Give the HOTLINE at call at 1-800-245-2480 (thats the number we
use in Canada but it may work in the states)
 Starlan is streams based and NSU has the streams drivers. The
version of Starlan I used to use was 3.2 for the Starlan Network, and
3.1A for the DOS Server package. You should also have at least 8 megs
of ram in your system the kernel grows to about 2.5 megs.