6386/SVR 3.2.1: How to get to talk to StarLAN-10?

eric.a.olson mveao at cbnews.ATT.COM
Wed Nov 29 15:10:07 AEST 1989

In article <919 at cwjcc.CWRU.Edu> davisp at skybridge.scl.cwru.edu (Palmer Davis) writes:

>I recently purchased a 6386 from our university bookstore through a special
>program they ran to get students connected to our new campus fiber-optic net.
>Net Services set us all up with StarLan-10 cards and MS-DOS software to
>access the network.  I have since removed all my MS-DOS software and replaced
>it with AT&T UNIX System V (3.2.1), but have no way to get UNIX to talk to my
>StarLan-10 NAU card (and the rest of the network).

    That's right.  You (or the university) need to purchase the
    UNIX software that supports the card.  It's called the
    OSI Network Program, I believe.  You will get the driver(s),
    the installation manual and the proper administration shells
    added to the FACE (not sysadm anymore) package.

-