7300 and 9600 baud modems

Bill Mayhew wtm at neoucom.UUCP
Sun Nov 26 15:36:44 AEST 1989

In article <1841 at neoucom.UUCP>, I write:

> While not pure ANSI RS232 spec, the Unix C does do hardware flow
>                                     ^^^^^^
> control with the RTS/CTS modem leads.

In the sentence above, "Unix C," should read, "Unix PC".  The P key
on my 3b1 was sticking and dropping the letter P here and there.
That one escaped my detection as I was typing.

The C compiler per se has nothing to do with support of any
particular flow control.  I just wanted to clear that up.

I took off the keycap on the P and doused the key post with
alcohol.  The weird thing is that the Unix PC keyboard is
ferromagnetic sensing (like core memory), and as long as the button
goes down, everything should work OK.  It appeared that the key
depressed normally, but failed to register a keystroke about 1/2
the time.  After clean-up everything was fine ... eventhough the
qualitative feel was the same before and after cleaning.  Hmmm....

Bill