Re-pumping eports?

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Mon Oct 2 12:23:12 AEST 1989

In article <3555 at cbnewsc.ATT.COM> msc at cbnewsc.ATT.COM (michael.s.cross,sk,) writes:
|>>move into or out of the port.  I presume that I could probably
|>>"re-pump" the eport card, but I can't seem to find the appropriate
|>>command syntax.
|>>

|>This is what I was told to do.  Sometimes it works/sometimes it doesn't.
|>
|>/etc/pump /dev/tty## /lib/pump/eports
|>		  ^^
|>		  ||
|>	need tty port numbers
The ports must be idle, nothing can be running on them.  Turn off all
getty's (and uugetty) on any of the ports.  Then I believe to reload the
firmware with the pump command, you need to specify the first port on
the card (ie. tty11, tty21, tty31, tty41, etc...)

-Lenny
--
| Lenny Tropiano            ICUS Software Systems      [w] +1 (516) 589-7930 |
| lenny at icus.islp.ny.us     Telex; 154232428 ICUS      [h] +1 (516) 968-8576 |