ksh on 3B2

Mark D. Kline mdkline at rodan.acs.syr.edu
Fri Oct 20 12:01:01 AEST 1989

Eager to get ksh running on our 3B2/300, I purchased a binary
version from Aspen Technologies in Parsippany, NJ.  There
have been problems, and I'd be interested in hearing from
others who have tried or succeeded in getting ksh running
on 3B machines.

After I discovered that Aspen Technology had mistakenly
sent us a 6/3/86 version of ksh, today we recieved an
11/88 version which is not handling signals properly.
When ksh is exec'd, it does not ignore INT - press the
delete key and you get a login prompt.  The environment
is set properly on our machine.  The ksh shell flag -i
is set properly...it just doesn't prevent an interactive
shell from going south when it gets an INT.

There have been other problems with Aspen Technology;
problems like two defective disks (the third had the
wrong version), lots of unreturned phone calls,
and unanswered letters.  The programmer I spoke with
today could only tell me he didn't know what was wrong,
that this version of ksh runs ok on other 3Bs, and
promised to get back to me.

Any comments on getting ksh running on 3Bs would be
welcome by email...I'll summarize if there is sufficient
interest.  I'd also be glad to burden anyone interested
with additional details...just ask.  Thanks in advance.