Terminal emulators over Starlan

Alex Beylin alexb at cfctech.UUCP
Sat Oct 21 05:46:18 AEST 1989

In article <5461 at cbnewsm.ATT.COM> rs at cbnewsm.ATT.COM (robert.w.sanderman) writes:
>Is there a way to get a terminal emulator other than the 4410 or 513 emulator
>to run over Starlan?  The emulator I'm trying to use currently only knows
>about com ports.  Would this require a significant modification to the emulator
>or is there an easy way to configure it for Starlan?

ATT sells a product called EMOTS which we use over Starlan-10.  I was told
that it will also work over Starlan-1, but we have not tested that.
When we first started using it, EMOTS was very buggy, but the latest
version - 3.0 seems clean.

EMOTS uses a redirector to allow communication via Starlan instead
of the serial port.

Disclamer: I don't work for AT&T, just have a lot of their products.

 Alex Beylin, Unix Systems Admin.       | +1 313 948-3386
 alexb%cfctech.uucp at mailgw.cc.umich.edu | Chrysler Financial Corp.
 sharkey!cfctech!alexb                  | MIS, Distributed Systems
 ATT Mail ID: attmail!abeylin           | Southfield, MI 48034