"AT&T to resell Pyramid computers"

gmb at occrsh.ATT.COM gmb at occrsh.ATT.COM
Sat Oct 14 07:10:00 AEST 1989

We seem to be somewhat out of sync with our postings.  However, I did
respond to most of your comments on my second response to Brian Kantor
at UCSD.  As far as marking process to be executed on a specific
processor is concerned, a program can be marked to execute on a
class of processors with specific resources (such as STDIN and STDOUT,
amount of free memory, attached file systems, etc.).  The AT&T Education
Centers offer excellent courses on performance tuning of the 3B4000, and
this is also an excellent place to obtain the contacts necessary for
"inside" information that makes your job easier.  Also, USENET is a good
place to ask (beg) for assistance.

As frustrating to internal users of AT&T computers as it is, it must be
"like totally" unbelieveable what outside users face.  I am sorry that any
customer was not able to obtain the help from AT&T required to bring
a system into full production (see my previous comments about salescritters).

The problem with a company as large as AT&T is finding the right person
or group that can solve your problem.  I personally know that there are
experienced, knowledgeable support people located in Tier 4 support, but
it always seems you must face the first level support that checks to see
that you have booted the system.

Gary Brammer
Senior Engineer
AT&T Oklahoma City Works