HD2 hard disk upgrade project update

John B. Milton jbm at uncle.UUCP
Tue Oct 10 02:02:44 AEST 1989

Yes, folks the old HD2 project is still creaping along. I have been buried with
work out of town in Boston. A "quick two week thing" is already four weeks
going on six. When I get back to Columbus, I'll probably be moving. Through
all this I have been building more boards with the right tools my time is
now down to about 2 hours per board, less if I get better parts. When I get
back to Columbus, I'll finish tracking down someone to do board building so
I can get some quantity. Meanwhile, my first real off-site Beta, Craig Votava
(att!ihlpf!cmv) is having trouble. It was working for a while, but isn't
anymore.

What I'm looking for now is someone who can do Beta testing NOW. By now, I
mean someone who can spend some time with this. Someone who has an extra
machine to work on. Someone who has two extra working hard drives. I have
asked for Beta tester before. If you asked last time, please re-apply, people's
time commitments change with the phase of the moon. Beta testing is not for
the faint of heart, and I will be forever grateful to anyone willing to give
it a shot. Send me some e-mail if you think you can really do it.

Remember that list of people who have expressed interest in the HD2 board
I said I was going to post? I will clean it up and post it soon. When it
comes out, check to see if your e-mail address is still correct.

My machine, uncle is now stable, so I should be getting reliable mail now.
If you have sent me mail in the past month, and got a bounce or no reply,
please re-send.

John
John Bly Milton IV, jbm at uncle.UUCP, n8emr!uncle!jbm at osu-cis.cis.ohio-state.edu
(614) h:294-4823, w:785-1110; N8KSN, AMPR: 44.70.0.52; Don't FLAME, inform!