3B2/400 Errors

Pete Holsberg root at mccc.uucp
Sat Oct 21 01:51:42 AEST 1989

I walked into lab this morning ans was greeted by a succession of error
messages madly scrolling off the screen:

	WARNING hard disk: cannot recal drive 1
	WARNING hard disk: drive 1 out of service

I rebooted to firmware and the diagnostics (SELF-CHECK, DIAGNOSTICS, and
the ph=20,21,23 of DGMON) all passed.  I rebooted to multi-user and got
the error message:
	/dev/dsk/c1d0/s9 is not a valid filesystem

That guy is my /tmp filesystem and it appears in the VTOC of drive 0,
but of course I cannot mount it.

How can I convert it back into a valid filesystem??

Thanks.
--
Pete Holsberg                UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Mercer College               CompuServe: 70240,334