problems with UUCP and SETGETTY

harold.e.bamford bamford at cbnewsd.ATT.COM
Fri Oct 20 01:44:24 AEST 1989

In article <417 at cpsolv.UUCP> rhg at cpsolv.uucp (Richard H. Gumpertz) writes:
>I have recently been having problems with UUCICO getting wedged after a session:
>a program named setgetty is running and eating cycles and getty is not getting
>started.

This has happened to me, but only when /etc/inittab is not in the
standard format.  In particular, if you edit the file yourself, and
try to enable a line by removing the leading ":", then you are
screwed (to use the technical term).  Instead, REPLACE the ":" with
a space.

Works for me.

-- Harold