loadavgd

Bill Mayhew wtm at neoucom.UUCP
Thu Oct 19 06:21:35 AEST 1989

I noticed a minor feature of the recently posted loadavgd program
for use with the new sysinfo is that it doesn't close the
control terminal stdio/stderr streams when it forks.  The result is
that you pig-up a window or if you happened to start loadavgd
manually over a serial line, the DTR lead won't drop when you log
out, as you still have the streams open.

To fix, fclose the stdin, stdout, and stderr streams just before
the call to doit().  I don't have the source on this machine I'm
typing this from, or else I'd include the diff.  It's pretty easy
to fix by hand anyway.

My apologies if this isn't how the gurus do it; I'm a hardware
person more than a software person.  It worked for me, though.

Bill