nroff page offset

Steven A. Conrad sac at conrad.UUCP
Sun Oct 8 23:17:09 AEST 1989

In article <189 at zebra.UUCP> vern at zebra.UUCP (Vernon C. Hoxie) writes:

>	nroff -Tfx-12 -rO14 -man compress.1 | lp
>
>where compress.1 is a 'roffed document.  According to the manuals,

If compress.1 is already 'roffed, then all you have to do is send it
through a filter such as sed '/^/   /',  pr -t -o5 or other program
to add whitespace to the front.  If not, then any of the recs by
others will work.

Another thing to consider is making a local macro package such as
/usr/lib/tmac/tmac.local containing (for your needs) the line:

.po 1.5i

and using  nroff -Tfx-12 -man -mlocal file ...
assuming that man or other preceeding macro does not dynamically
reset the page offset.
--
Steven A. Conrad,  Department of Medicine (Critical Care)
Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport, LA
UUCP: sac at conrad.UUCP,   Internet: conrad at manta.pha.pa.us
"I think there is a world market for about five computers" TJ Watson Jr, 1943