Now that I have my UnixPC... help...

Keith Elliston elliston at msdrl.UUCP
Thu Oct 5 01:29:17 AEST 1989

Well... I finally have my Unix-PC up and running.  I have an old 7300, on
which I have put a Seagate 4096.  I formatted it using the protocol for
the miniscribe (8 heads, 1024 cyls).  All went well.  I have installed
the foundation set (3.51) and the development set.  So... now I need some
assistance.

First... How do I attach my Microcom 9624c to the RS232 port?  How do I
configure it?  Can I use it both as a dial out and answer???

2nd:  Where can I get a connector (adaptor) for the internal modem jack.
It surely is not a standard RJ11.

3rd:  Who wants to set me up for news and mail?  What is the best News soft-
ware?  Who can I call up for NEWS and Mail (any volunteers)....

4th:  I sure could use some more memory (I only have 512k).. anyone got
an extra memory expansion board???  Maybe even a combo board???

5th:  I would like to be able to access that 9th head on my disk... I guess
that i need the WD2010.  Where can I find one.

6th:  I want to run this machine as a sort of "this is a good reason to
learn Unix for someone from VMS", and as a mail/news/bbs system.  Anyone
have hints for me... like are there any good cheap (PD) BBS systems for
this beast?  I appreciate any and all answers.

Well... I am sure that these questions have been asked and answered before...
I hope you all dont take offense at me for doing just one more time.

Thanks...

Keith

uunet!msdrl!elliston