AT&T PBX Back-up Tape

M.F. bettinger mb18330 at hacgate.UUCP
Thu Oct 5 04:53:13 AEST 1989

This is a second posting, if you have previously seen it I apologize.

I have attempted to copy the backup tape of an AT&T System 85 PBX onto
the hard disk of my 3B2/600.  I used the UNIX 'dd' command to no avail.
The tape is written in the AT&T LAB language of EPL (electronic switch
programming language) and I am told it is not related to UNIX.  I find
it difficult consider that AT&T would not use their birth-right for
this purpose.  The tape is formatted in something called HCMR for the
60 megabyte cartridge; High Capacity Mini-Recording.  If anyone has
succeeded in reading and copying the PBX tape please contact me.
If by phone: 213/334-2978 or reply via e-mail.

Thanks (in advance) for any assistance that may arrive.