mail icon / auto window selecting

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Tue Oct 24 14:56:17 AEST 1989

In article <1989Oct22.000322.1187 at ivucsb.sba.ca.us> todd at ivucsb.sba.ca.us
(Todd Day) writes:
|>When mail comes in for me, the mail icon lights up.  I want to be able
|>to click on the mail icon and autoboot elm for me.  I know of one way
|>to do this making a C program called "/usr/bin/email" that runs elm.
|>However, often I leave elm running in a window.  If I click on the icon
|>and elm is already running, the second version of elm complains that
|>I am already running elm (it checks a lock file in tmp).  What I want
|>is a program that checks to see if that lock file exists, and if it
|>does, finds the window that elm is running in and brings it to the
|>foreground.

What you are looking for, I just posted to unix-pc.sources and comp.sys.att.
It's my email.c program with the proper enhancements to allow what you want,
and select the already running Mail window.  I liked your idea, so I
implemented it!

-Lenny
--
| Lenny Tropiano            ICUS Software Systems      [w] +1 (516) 589-7930 |
| lenny at icus.islp.ny.us     Telex; 154232428 ICUS      [h] +1 (516) 968-8576 |