man(1) purchase

~XT6561110~Frank McGee~C23~L25~6326~ fmcgee at cuuxb.ATT.COM
Wed Sep 20 11:42:44 AEST 1989

In article <1124 at msa3b.UUCP> kevin at msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) writes:
>How do I get man(1)?  I have a 3B2/700, running SYSV R3.2.1.  It does not
>have man, and my sales rep does not seem to be able to tell me what package
>I have to buy in order to get it.  I suspect that it may come with the
>Documenter's Workbench, but I don't want to buy DW unless I get man.

I haven't heard that they come with DWB, and I rather doubt that they do.  They
DO come with a source license; I don't know if Unix licensing has unbundled
them so they are available separately.  You can reach them at
1-800-828-UNIX (they are usually listed in the white pages in the
phone book under AT&T - Unix Licensing).

I've also *heard* that under Sys V Rel 4 they will ship with the
binaries.  Strictly rumor though.

--
Frank McGee, AT&T
Tier 3 Indirect Channel Sales Support