3B2 problems galore

Tom Kiermaier thk at uxrd15.UUCP
Fri Sep 1 01:26:40 AEST 1989

In article <19137 at gatech.edu> jkg at gatech.UUCP (Jim Greenlee) writes:
>reason. When I try to boot them, the power light comes on and stays on, but
>the diagnostic light goes "flash, flash, flash, flash, flash, flash...pause"
>and repeats this pattern over and over. Somebody here at Tech who has worked
>rather extensively with the 3B2s suggested that maybe the boot ROMs were bad.
>I swapped out the ROMs with known good ones, but nothing changed.

If the LED is really pulsing 6 times then you've got a very strange
machine.  Below are the usual LED pulse failure indicators:

PULSE                      CAUSE
1                   Unknown cause, rare
2                   Problem with the CPU
3                   Problem with firmware (ROMS)
4                   Problem with RAM
5                   Problem with DUART

					Tom Kiermaier