Replacing batteries in ATT 6300

Bill Mayhew wtm at neoucom.UUCP
Wed Sep 6 09:37:55 AEST 1989

The clock battery in the PC 6300 is a 3.6 volt nickel-cadmium type.
Most are made by Yuasa.  We had some dead 6300 clocks a while back,
and found suitable replacments in the Newark Electronics book.
They had both 50 mA hr and 100 mA hr capacity batteries that would
fit the motherboard solder pads.

I would imagine that Pioneer, Hamilton-Avnet, etc. should have
similar batteries.  I think they cost about six bucks each.

The Unix PC, on the other hand uses a non-rechargable lithium coin
cell.  One should be able to find a suitable replacement cell and
holder at mail order places such as Jameco, Digikey, JDR,... (see the
classified ads in the back of your favorite PC magazine).  The
battery and holder should cost less than five bucks.

Bill