3b2 hardware question

Heresiarch lburka at eagle.wesleyan.edu
Thu Sep 28 04:35:14 AEST 1989

another 3b2 hardware question!

We need instructions on how to add an external 30MB disk drive to a 3B2/310.
Briefly, we have the external drive running in another box, we have the
disk cabled to the connector at the rear of the 3B2, but it won't boot up
with that drive connected.  There is a jumper pack at on the 3B2 connector
plug, and there is another connector there that seems related but has no
obvious connection to the external unit.  It is the same model drive as
the original 3B2 drive.

	Two questions:  is there a special formatting program (or should
existing formatting tracks be sufficient), and are there jumper settings
or special connections that need to be made to make the second drive work.