AT&T XWin 1.1?

Jim Heliotis jeh%ritcv at cs.rit.edu
Fri Sep 22 04:58:42 AEST 1989

I tried to set up our new AT&T 6386 WGS with X, (Xwin 1.0) and discovered
that the new display, a (VGA?) VDC 600, is not suppported by the server.

Upon calling the hotline, they told me I would need the 1.1 upgrade to
Xwin.  His description made it sound like patch discs, rather than a
truly new release.

Does anyone know what else is fixed or added in this?

One thing that particularly interested me is that I heard a rumor that
it supports TCP/IP (1.0 only supports STARLAN).

Please let me know what you know!

				Thanks,
				Jim Heliotis
				{allegra,seismo}!rochester!ritcv!jeh