MIPS Rating of 3B2/400??

Jim Murray jim at dfmp1.UUCP
Fri Sep 15 23:49:26 AEST 1989

In article <1178 at vsi.COM>, friedl at vsi.COM (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:

> The MAU is of limited use in many cases.  The best code is
> generated by the CPLU4.2 compiler in -Kmau mode.  In this mode,
> the compiler generates direct coprocessor calls, and it really

Does this same thing happen with fpcci (C-FP+ Programming language
utilities) ?  I've been compiling a statistical program with this because I \expected it to automatically use the MAU, have greater precision and faster
processing.  Am I wrong on this?  If I am wrong, is there a difference
in the precision that can be handled by cc -kmau vs fpcc.

Thanks
Jim Murray
UUCP ..!usenet!uwvax!schaefer!dfmp1!jim
INTERNET dfmp1!jim at schaefer.math.wisc.edu