Ins_q: no struct left (huh?)

dan notov danno at onm3b2.UUCP
Tue Sep 26 23:23:56 AEST 1989

The above message appears on the console of two of our systems.  They are a
3B15 running 3.1.1, and a 3B2/600 also running 3.1.1.  The two systems have
similar network connections:
	AT&T 10Base5
	WIN-3B TCP/IP Release 2.1
	Fiber Interface to the ISN version 1.0 (non-streams release)

The systems both run RFS, but are members of different domains.

I have tried to determine where the message is coming from, without any
luck.  I have searched for the string "ins_q" in the following places, to
no avail:
		- All include files
		- All library archives
		- The symbol table for:
			/unix
			/etc/isnstart
			/etc/dkserver
			/usr/net/nls/listen (no symbols)

Sometimes the message appears with a long interval, sometimes it flies down
the screen.  Since it appears on the console, I assume it is coming from
the kernel, or some daemon process.  AT&T Hotline could offer no assistance
on this one.

Could anyone out there help me in my search for the origin of this message?
The more evidence I assemble, the better prepared I am to return to AT&T
for a possible solution.

Many Thanks,

danno

--