SimulTask-386/OpenLook incompatibility

David A. Van Cleef vancleef at pawl23.pawl.rpi.edu
Wed Apr 11 05:33:59 AEST 1990

In article <14891 at s.ms.uky.edu> morgan at ms.uky.edu (Wes Morgan) writes:

   I recently acquired an AT&T 6386 with OpenLook.  After installing
   Simul-Task 386, I can execute DOS applications with no problem....
   until I go into OpenLook.  While in OpenLook, the DOS application's
   window <or command-level DOS window> echoes neither my input nor
   any output.  The sequence of events is as follows:

	[sequence deleted]

   Could some OpenLook/Simul-Task guru explain this and/or offer a fix?

What you need is Simul-Task 2.0U.  It's available from the AT&T NSSC
(1-800-922-0354) as fix #0079 on 5.25" media, #0080 on 3.5".

--Dave Van Cleef
--(Working for the NSSC, but hardly ever reflecting their opinions)