pushd/popd as ksh functions: possible in unix pc ksh?

Augustine Cano afc at shibaya.lonestar.org
Fri Dec 28 16:41:10 AEST 1990

Happy new year y'all!

I just typed in the pushd/popd functions found in "The Korn Shell" by Bolsky
and Korn and guess what... they don't work!  Is this because of our ancient
version?  Has anybody attempted this?  Does anybody have a working version
of pushd/popd as ksh functions that work on our antiquated shell?

Alternatively, is a newer version of ksh available for the unix pc? (without
paying the toolchest prices, that is...)

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment..

Augustine Cano		INTERNET: afc at shibaya.lonestar.org
			UUCP:     ...!{ernest,egsner}!shibaya!afc