extending carrier wait timeout in HDB?

Jan Isley jan at bagend.uucp
Thu Dec 13 14:19:59 AEST 1990

gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us (Gary S. Trujillo) writes:

>Does anyone know of some way of extending the timeout for the remote
>carrier in the UNIXpc version of HoneyDanBer UUCP?  I'm calling a
>system that has a Telebit T2500 with v.42 which presents its PEP
>tones at the end of its sequence.  My T2500 almost always times out
>just a second or two before the PEP tones would have been presented,

It sounds like you are asking 2 questions.  I have an answer for
the other one.  You ask about HDB timeouts but you say the T2500
times out.  To borrow from Garrett Morris:

HDB? I dunno.  T2500 been berry, berry, good to me.

>Any ideas??

I had the same problem until I changed register s7 on the Telebit.
On PEP dialouts, I set s7=60.  The default for s7 (wait for carrier
timeout) is 40 (seconds) for enhanced and 30 for conventional.

If your problem is in HDB, (shrug) I dunno.
--
Jan Isley  jan at bagend  {known universe}!gatech!bagend!jan  (404)434-1335