How to make a tape 386 Unix boot diskette (LONG)

Pim Zandbergen pim at cti-software.nl
Mon Feb 5 07:14:11 AEST 1990

root at nebulus.UUCP (Dennis S. Breckenridge) writes:

>Presto - installable Unix from tape. Maybe in another article I
>will tell you how to put Unix on Tape. AT&T if you are listening
>why did you guys not release a TAPE version of Unix. It's obvious
>to me that such a copy exists by looking at the INSTALL scripts

I believe AT&T have done just that! Their new SCSI based
systems install from tape. Maybe they even boot from tape,
but I am not sure about that.
Pim Zandbergen                           domain : pim at cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                          uucp   : uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ctisbv!pim
Laan Copes van Cattenburch 70            phone  : +31 70 3542302
2585 GD The Hague, The Netherlands       fax    : +31 70 3512837