Has anyone ported JOVE to UNIX-PC?

Ralph Russo rmr at cci632.UUCP
Tue Feb 20 02:07:20 AEST 1990

Over the past couple of months I have migrated from vi to emacs as my
editor of choice.  My problem is that with my 1MB unix pc at home, GNU-Emacs
is mega-slow (especially on a terminal off of tty000?).

Although I love the flexibility of lisping in GNU emacs, I'd like to try JOVE
for it's small size.

My first attempt at compiling JOVE failed (of course) and I'm wondering if
I may take advantage of the experience and wisdom of the netters to save a
few hours.

I'd like to know your choices for his compile time flags, makefile edits etc.

Thanks,

Ralph Russo